Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Magic of Drinking Too Much



I’ll admit every once and again when I driving home and it’s late at night and I’m stuck at a stop light and I’m the only car for miles, I think to myself, "If I ran this red light would it matter?" Of course I would run through the red light and then the popo would appear from the bushes and give me a ticket, which is the main reason why I’ve never done it, but I always ponder. And sometimes when I am running late and I see the light turning from green to yellow, I slam on the gas to beat the red light. I admit I’ve done that once or twice. But never have I driven through a gas station driveway to avoid a red light. But then again, I’ve also never driven home drunk. I know, such a square.

Something I learned from health class in 10th grade was that when you’re drunk, your thinking is sometimes impaired. Take for example Giants offensive lineman Kareem McKenzie. The big guy was pulled over in Little Falls, NJ on November 13th and charged with driving under the influence, reckless driving, driving with an expired registration and driving on private property to avoid a traffic signal. The popo said the dead giveaway was when they spotted McKenzie cutting through the Coastal Gas Station to continue on Main street. If it’s not driving too slow or weaving erratically it’s driving through private property to avoid the red light that will get you everytime. Kareem is expected to appear in Little Falls Municipal Court on Wednesday to answer to these charges.

But first Kareem, Watch out, because the popo are on your tail!
(Photo: giants.com; source)

No comments: